Sunday, 4 July 2010

Introduction

I've been fascinated by the practise of alchemy since childhood despite the medieval mumbo-jumbo that usually accompanies it - all that talk of immortality, making gold and what-have-you. The idea of applying the physical sciences to meditation, of transforming myself internally by applying knowledge of the physical world to transform dross into something somehow magical has been one that has always gripped me.

Over the last couple of years, I've had an idea nagging at the back of my mind that not only resonates with the ideas of traditional alchemy but also with very modern and trendy ideas of recycling. This idea is one of transforming dross, detritus, or rubbish into a favourite chemical of mine (Yes, I do have a favourite chemical. I know it's nerdy and I've learned to live with it), the nearest thing to magic that I've found outside of love and dreams: Potassium Permanganate.

And so, it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment